More than 10 percent of all traffic-related deaths in the U.S. involve a truck wreck.1 Even when not fatal, truck accidents can be devastating, possibly causing severe injuries and extensive property damage. The emotional and financial impacts can be just as damaging. This is especially true if victims are left with irreversible injuries that limit their mobility, prevent them from working and/or require long-term medical care.
The Fort Wayne lawyers at Finderson Law, LLC understand the difficulties that truck crash survivors can face. We also know how to confront and overcome these challenges to help survivors with their financial recovery.
Call (260) 420-8600 or email us for more information about your rights and recovery options.
Initial consultations are free.
Taking the single step to contact Finderson Law, LLC can make a big difference in the strength and outcome of your potential claim.
Do I Have a Truck Accident Claim?
Whether you are entitled to damages for truck accident will largely depend on the causes of the crash and whether you are found to be at fault for the wreck. For truck accidents (and other types of accidents), Indiana follows the modified comparative fault 51 percent Bar Rule.
This means that you can be entitled to damages for a truck accident as long as your fault in the crash is 50 percent or less. In other words, as long as you are not found to be 51 percent or more at fault for a truck accident, you will likely be entitled to damages for the crash.
A lawyer at Finderson Law, LLC can:
- Carefully review the facts of your accident
- Explain who’s liable for the wreck
- Inform you if you are entitled to compensation for your crash-related injuries and losses.
Who’s Liable for Truck Accidents?
Various parties can be liable for truck accidents, depending on the exact causes of a given wreck. In general, these liable parties may include (but may not be exclusive to):
- Truck drivers – Truckers can be at fault when their impairment, distraction, fatigue, noncompliance with trucking regulations or other negligent actions contribute to crashes.
- Other motorists – Other drivers on the road can also cause truck accidents when, for instance, they fail to comply with traffic laws or they fail to properly respond to the changing driving environment.
- Trucking companies – Motor carriers can be liable for truck crashes when, for example, they hire unqualified drivers, they fail to maintain their trucks or they fail to abide by trucking regulations.
- Other parties – Manufacturers of faulty truck equipment can be liable for truck crashes when equipment malfunctions cause wrecks. Cities (or other entities) can be liable when a failure to maintain safe roadways causes truck wrecks. Shippers or truck brokers may be liable if they hire unqualified truckers. Other parties may also be liable, depending on the details of a crash.
Please be aware that, in some cases, more than one of the above parties can be liable for a single truck accident.
How a Lawyer Can Help You with a Truck Accident Claim
After a truck wreck, an attorney can help you in a number of ways, including by (but not limited to):
- Explaining the law, your rights and the available legal remedies
- Gathering the necessary evidence to back up your claim
- Protecting your rights and fighting to hold the negligent party (or parties) accountable
- Helping you secure compensation for damages like (but not necessarily limited to) your medical bills, property damage, lost wages and mental suffering.
At Finderson Law, LLC, our Fort Wayne lawyers are experienced at representing clients in various types of truck accident claims, including (but not exclusive to) those involving:
- Jackknife truck wrecks
- Rollover truck accidents
- Runaway trailers
- Underride truck accidents
- Truck equipment failures
- Multiple vehicles
- Fatal crashes.
Find Out More about Your Recovery Options: Contact a Fort Wayne Truck Accident Lawyer at Finderson Law, LLC
If you or someone you love has been hurt in a truck wreck, contact a Fort Wayne truck accident lawyer at Finderson Law, LLC to get answers about your potential claim. Call (260) 420-8600 or email us to set up a free, no obligations consultation and find out more about your legal options for financial recovery.
With more than 20 years’ experience helping clients resolve their important legal matters, our attorneys are skilled problem solvers who work tirelessly to help injured people:
- Build the strongest possible claim
- Navigate the recovery process with minimal stress and anxiety
- Secure the best possible outcomes and maximum available recoveries.
With Finderson Law, LLC, you can count on receiving the highest quality representation and personal legal service regardless of the value of your claim.
We don’t charge any fees unless we obtain a recovery for you. This means that you have nothing to lose and potentially a lot to gain by contacting us to find out more about your legal options.
We’ve helped hundreds of clients. Our history of providing the highest quality legal services – and delivering unparalleled results – has earned us a 5-star rating on Facebook.
From offices in Fort Wayne, we are proud to represent clients throughout Allen County and the state of Indiana.
1: According to the latest data from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)