Whenever a motorcyclist hits the road, (s)he’s about five times more likely (than someone in a passenger vehicle) to be injured – and about 29 times more likely to be involved in a deadly crash.1
While these facts are distressing, the aftermath of motorcycle accident can be far more harrowing, causing devastating physical, emotional and financial impacts.
At Finderson Law, LLC, our Fort Wayne lawyers have dedicated more than two decades to helping injured riders recover from motorcycle accidents. As experienced, tireless advocates, we know how to protect injured riders’ rights and help them pursue all available legal remedies for financial recovery. We are ready to build you the strongest possible motorcycle accident claim so you can obtain the compensation and justice you likely deserve.
Call (260) 420-8600 or email us for more information about your rights and recovery options.
Initial consultations are free.
Do I Have a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Whether an injured rider is entitled to compensation for a motorcycle wreck will primarily depend on the exact cause(s) of the crash. Some common bases for motorcycle claims can include (and are not limited to):
- Other motorists’ negligence – This can include the careless or reckless actions of truckers, passenger vehicle drivers or others on the road. Drunk driving, distracted driving, speeding and otherwise failing to abide by traffic laws are just a few examples of how other motorists’ negligence can cause motorcycle accidents.
- Defective motorcycle equipment – Faulty brakes, poorly made tires and other equipment-related problems can also be the bases for motorcycle crash claims. In these cases, the equipment manufacturer can be liable.
- Unsafe road conditions – Broken signals, unmarked lanes and a lack of road signs can make the roads unsafe and contribute to motorcycle crashes. The city or other entity responsible for maintaining the roads can be liable for these wrecks.
Here, it’s important to point out that:
- Various other parties can be liable for motorcycle accidents. For instance, if a motorcycle crash is caused by a truck driver, the trucker and possibly the trucking company may be liable for the accident (depending on the details).
- Even if motorcyclists were partially to blame for the crash, they may still be entitled to compensation for their injuries and losses (as long as they were less than 51 percent at fault for the crash). This is because Indiana follows the modified comparative fault 51 percent Bar Rule.
- The best way to find out if you have a motorcycle claim is to contact a lawyer at Finderson Law, LLC.
What to Do after a Motorcycle Wreck
When a motorcycle accident happens, knowing what to do immediately after the wreck can be critical to protecting yourself, as well as your rights and a future claim. In general, the following are the best steps to take after a motorcycle crash:
- Call police and wait at the scene.
- Get immediate medical attention.
- Do NOT admit fault or apologize to anyone for the crash.
- Exchange driving, insurance and contact information with the other involved motorist(s) or parties.
- Take as many pictures of the wreckage and accident scene as possible.
- Get the name(s) and contact information for any witness(es).
- Report the facts of the accident to your insurance provider.
- Contact an attorney to discuss your best options for financial recovery.
How a Lawyer Can Help You with a Motorcycle Accident Claim
An attorney can do a lot for you when it’s time to pursue a motorcycle accident claim, including (but not exclusive to):
- Explaining your rights and the law
- Determining all parties who are liable for the crash
- Compiling all of the evidence necessary to support your claim
- Protecting your claim when dealing with insurers
- Advocating your rights while guiding you through the recovery process
- Working relentlessly to keep your claim moving forward to the best possible resolution.
With Finderson Law, LLC in your corner, you can count on our lawyers to do all of the above while also providing you with:
- Personal service that’s customized to meet your specific needs and goals
- Superior representation to position your claim for the maximum possible recovery.
Take the Right Steps towards Recovery: Contact a Fort Wayne Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at Finderson Law, LLC
If you or someone you love has been hurt in any type of motorcycle wreck, contact a Fort Wayne motorcycle accident lawyer at Finderson Law, LLC to get answers about your potential claim.
Call (260) 420-8600 or email us to set up a free, no obligations initial consultation and discover more about your legal options for financial recovery.
We don’t charge any fees unless we obtain a recovery for you. This means that you have nothing to lose and potentially a lot to gain by contacting us to find out more about your legal options.
We’ve helped and satisfied hundreds of clients. Our history of providing the highest quality legal services – and delivering exceptional results – has earned us a 5-star rating on Facebook.
From offices in Fort Wayne, we are proud to represent clients throughout Allen County and the state of Indiana.
1: According to the latest data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)