When accidents or harmful events happen, a personal injury attorney can provide essential help, support and representation to victims. That’s because a skilled lawyer can do various things, like the following, to help victims obtain the compensation they deserve for their suffering and losses:
- Evaluate the claim and explain the recovery options – An attorney can review the details and evidence associated with a claim and point out all liable parties. This is important to holding each of the negligent parties accountable and to taking the necessary steps to maximize a victim’s recovery.
- Complete and file the paperwork necessary to initiate the claim – A lawyer can make sure that all necessary forms and other paperwork are properly completed and filed on time. This can be critical to avoiding delays (or other complications) that may impact the value and/or outcome of a claim.
- Gather evidence to bolster the claim – Police reports, witness testimony, physical evidence and expert testimony are just some pieces of evidence that can be central to proving liability and making a personal injury claim as strong as possible. A lawyer will know how to track down, preserve and present this evidence to help accident victims move forward with a strong claim.
- Protect a victim’s rights at every point of the process – Whether a claim involves dealing with insurance companies, negotiating in mediation or litigating in the court room, an attorney can advocate the victim’s rights in any setting and at every phase of the claim. This can give a victim confidence that his claim is protected as he focuses on getting treatments and healing.
Here, it’s important to note that a good personal injury attorney will tailor his service to fit the needs of a particular claim and client. Consequently, a good lawyer will typically do much more than the above.
How to Choose the Right Personal Injury Attorney for Your Claim
Of course, not all lawyers provide the same quality of representation, as some have more experience and better skills than others. So, if you are preparing to retain a personal injury attorney, make sure you select the right professional to handle your claim by looking for a lawyer who has:
- Experience and success handling cases similar to yours – Personal injury is a broad area of law. So, don’t just go with any personal injury lawyer. Make sure the attorney has a good amount of experience overseeing and successfully resolving cases that involve incidents like the one that harmed you.
- A good track record with former clients – Check a lawyer’s online reviews, and consider asking for references. What former clients have to say about their experiences with an attorney can reveal a lot about how a lawyer operates, the quality of service you can expect and whether (or not) moving forward with a given option is smart (or risky).
- A professional, trustworthy demeanor – Professionalism, trust and respect are an essential part of an attorney-client relationship. So, make sure you choose a lawyer who instills trust, listens to your needs and concerns and gives you confidence that you can rely on him moving forward.
- A clear, solid plan for helping you obtain the recovery you deserve – After you’ve narrowed down your options for an attorney, ask the professionals whom you are still considering what they will do to get your case started. You want a lawyer who is ready to take the right action. You don’t want someone who plans to put your case on hold or pass it off to a non-attorney associated after you sign the retainer.
Get the Right Attorney for Your Claim: Contact a Fort Wayne Personal Injury Lawyer at Finderson Law, LLC
If you or someone you love has been hurt by any form of negligence, contact a Fort Wayne personal injury lawyer at Finderson Law, LLC to get answers about your potential claim. Call (260) 420-8600 or email us to set up a free, no obligations initial consultation and discover more about your legal options for financial recovery.
With Finderson Law, LLC, you can count on receiving the highest quality representation and personal legal service regardless of the value of your claim. Let us explain how our representation can make all the difference in your claim.
Our history of providing the highest quality legal services – and delivering exceptional results – in personal injury cases has earned us a 5-star rating on Facebook.
From offices in Fort Wayne, we are proud to represent clients throughout Allen County and the state of Indiana.